1.Definitions : In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires :
(i) “Association” means “All India Federation of University Officers Associations”.
(ii) “The Executive Council” means the Executive Council of the Association.
(iii) “The General Body” means the General Body of the Association.
(iv) “Ordinary Member” means an Ordinary Member of the Association, admitted as such under these Rules;
(v) “Prescribed” means prescribed by bye-laws made by the Executive Council;
(vi) “Rules” means the Rules and Regulations of the Association.
(vii) “ The University Officer” means and includes persons engaged in managerial and administrative services in the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India, Institutions deemed to be Universities, Institutions of higher learning engaged in training, research, consultancy and other academic and educational activities and Institutes of National importance.
2. The Association shall have (a) Ordinary Members, (b) Honorary Life Members.
3. Ordinary Members---The following shall be the Ordinary Members of the Association: (i) Persons whose names are entered as Ordinary Members of the Association in the Register maintained for the purpose on application in the prescribed form.
4. Qualification for Ordinary Membership : The following persons shall be eligible for admission as Ordinary Members: (i) any person who is or was employed as University Officer in a position, whatever designation, not below the rank of Assistant Registrar (ii) any person who is or was employed in an institution of higher learning, recognised as such by the Executive Council, on a position, whatever designation, which is treated by the Executive council, equivalent to or higher to that of Assistant Registrar in a University and (iii) any person, who in the opinion of the Executive Council, is actively interested in or concerned with the management of an University and/or Institution of higher learning and who can substantially contribute to the training, research and consultancy in the area of University Administration;
5. Honorary Life Members : The Executive Council may elect as an Honorary Life Member of the Association, any person who has rendered distinguished service in University Administration or to an Association or to any such Institute or higher learning.
6. Admission of Membership : (1) The admission of a member shall not be effective until the annul subscription and the entrance fee, if any, payable by him for such admission have been paid. (2) No Ordinary Member shall be allowed to be candidate or vote in any election for electing eight members of the Executive Council, as elsewhere provided for, unless he has been a member without break continuously for two consecutive years prior to the 31st March of the year in which the elections are held and has paid his subscription in full up to that year. No member shall be entitled to any rights or privileges of membership until all his dues are fully paid.
7. Fee and Subscription : (1) The annual subscription for Ordinary Membership shall be Rs 100.00 or such greater sum as the member may willingly subscribe. A member may, at any time become a life member by making a lump- sum payment equal to ten times the amount of annual subscription. (2) The annual subscription shall be payable in advance at the commencement of the calendar year.
8. Discontinuance of Membership : (a) Any member who has committed a breach of any Rules of the Association or who has refused or neglected to abide by any of such Rules or committed any act which, in the opinion of the Executive Council, is calculated or likely to bring discredit to the Association by a resolution of 3/4th of the members of the Executive Council present at a special meeting thereof convened for this purpose after at least 21 days notice. Provided that no such resolution shall be passed unless the member concerned is informed by a registered letter at least 21days before such meeting of the date, time and place of the meeting and of the grounds on which it is proposed to remove his from membership of the Association and is given an opportunity to explain his conduct to the Executive Council in writing or in person at such meeting. (b) A person shall automatically cease to the member of the Association: (i) If he resigns from membership, from the date his resignation is received by the President. (ii) If he fails to pay his annual membership subscription under Rule 6 till 31st March of the year to which the subscription relates, from the following day i.e. first April. (iii) on retirement/ resignation from service. Provided that the membership can be restored on payment of such sum as may be determined by the Executive Council in such cases.
9. The General Body shall comprise of all members of the Association enrolled as members under rules 3 to 5 up to a date one month preceding the date on which annual meeting of the General Body is scheduled under Rule.
10 (a). The General Body shall meet at least once a year and such a meeting shall be called Annual General Meeting of the General Body. (b) The Annual General Meeting of the General Body shall be called by the Secretary of the Association every year after giving at least twenty- one days notice of the date, time, place and the general nature of the business to be discussed at such meeting and shall transact the following business : (a) election of the President and Vice- Presidents of the Association; (b) consideration of the Annual Report; (c) consideration of the balance- sheet and the audited accounts for the outgoing year; (d) appointment of the Auditors for the ensuing year and fixing their remuneration; (e) other business on the agenda and (f) such other business as may be brought forward with the permission of the presiding officer.
11. The President of the Association may of his own accord and shall, if required to do so by requisition in writing signed by not less than fifteen members of the Association, call after notice of at least fourteen days, a special meeting of the General Body. 12. One fifth members of the Association shall from a quorum for any meeting of the General Meeting of the General Body.
13. No business other than the business included in the notice convening the meeting or business of which notice has been given to the Secretary at least seven days before the date of the meeting, shall be discussed in the meeting, except with the permission of the presiding officer.
14. Every question shall be decided by the General Body by a majority of those present. Every member of the General Body shall have one vote and in case of equality of votes the presiding officer shall have a second or casting vote.
15. President The president of the Association shall be elected for a period of two years by the General Body in its Annual General Meeting from amongst its members and shall hold office until the election of a successor and shall be eligible for re- election.
16. Vice Presidents Four Vice Presidents of the Association shall be elected for a period of two years by the General Body in its Annual General Meeting from amongst its members and shall hold office until the next election and shall also be eligible for re- election.
17. Secretary, Joint Secretary & Treasurer The Secretary, The Joint Secretary and the Treasurer of the Association shall be elected by the Executive Council from amongst the ordinary members of the General Body and shall hold office for a term of two years from the date of election and shall be eligible for re- election. Provided that the Secretary, the Joint Secretary and the Treasurer shall, notwithstanding the expiration of their term, continue to hold office until their respective successors enter upon their respective offices.
18. The President shall be the ex-officio Chairman of the Executive Council. The Vice Presidents, the Secretary, the Joint Secretary and the Treasurer shall be the ex-officio members of the Executive Council. The Secretary shall be delegated all such powers as the Executive Council considers necessary for the discharge of his responsibilities and for achievement of the objectives of the Association.
19. The Executive Council of the Association shall be composed of: (i) President of the Association. (ii) Four Vice-Presidents of the Association. (iii) Secretary of the Association. (iv) Joint Secretary of the Association. (v) Treasurer of the Association and (vi) Eight members elected by the members of the Association. (vii) Four members co-opted under Rule 21(b). 20(a). The minimum and maximum membership of the Executive Council shall be 15 and 20 respectively. The meeting of the Executive Council shall be convened by the Secretary with the approval of the President of at least once in every six months. Special meeting of the Executive Council shall be convened by the Secretary, on requisition by at least ten members, within one month from the date of such requisition. 20(b). The quorum for the meeting of the Executive Council shall be seven members. 20(c). The President of the Association shall preside over the meetings of the General Body and of the Executive Council of the Association. In the absence of the President, one of the Vice-Presidents present and elected by the members present for the purpose, shall preside over the meetings of the General Body and the Meetings of the Executive Council. In the absence of the President and all the Vice-Presidents, the members present may elect any member of the General Body to preside over the meeting of the General Body and any member of the Executive Council to preside over the meting of the Executive Council. 20(d). The Secretary of the Association shall be the Member-Secretary of the Executive Council. 20(e). In the absence of Secretary, his functions and responsibilities shall be discharged by the Joint Secretary.
21(a). Election of the member of the Executive Council Eight members of the Executive Council, referred to in Rule 19(vi) shall be elected by the Members of the Association by postal ballot. 21(b). Co-option of the Members of the Executive Council The elected members of the Executive Council referred to in Rule 19(vi) shall co-opt from amongst the Ordinary members of the Association, four members in the first meeting to be convened after the annual meting of the General Body. 21(c). The elected and co-opted members of the Executive Council shall hold office for a period of 2 years from the date of election co-option. 21(d). In case a member of the Executive Council desires to resign before the expiry of his tenure, he shall submit his resignation to the President, who shall report it to the Executive Council in its next meeting. In case of the President, resignation shall be sent to the Secretary, who shall report the same to the Executive council in its next meeting. The resignation shall be effective from the date it is reported to the Executive Council and accepted by it.
22. Casual Vacancies Any casual vacancy amongst the members of the Executive Council including office bearers arising from death, resignation, removal or otherwise, shall be filled by co-option by the Executive Council and the member so co-opted shall hold office for the unexpired portion of the term of office of the member causing the vacancy.
23. The Executive Council shall function notwithstanding any vacancy therein and notwithstanding any defect in its constitution and no act or proceeding of the Executive Council shall be invalid by reason only of the existence of any vacancy amongst its members or any defect in its constitution. 24. Powers and Functions of the Executive Council : (1) Subject to the general control and directions of the General Body, the Executive Council shall be responsible for the management and administration of the affairs of the Association in accordance with these Rules and the Bye-laws made thereunder for the furtherance of its objects and shall have all powers which may be necessary or expedient for the purpose. (2) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers conferred by Rule
24(1), the Executive Council shall have the power: (i) To take decisions on application for membership. (ii) To prepare and executive detailed plans and programme for furtherance of the objectives of the Association. (iii) To receive, to have custody of and to expand the funds of the Association and to manage the properties of the Association. (iv) To appoint and control such staff as may be required for the efficient management of the affairs of the Association and to regulate their recruitment and conditions of service. (v) To enter into agreement for and on behalf of the Association. (vi) To sue and defend all legal proceedings on behalf of the Association. (vii) To appoint Committees for disposal of any business of the Association or for advice in any matter pertaining to the Association. (viii) To make, adopt and vary from time to time the Bye-laws for the regulation of and for any purposes connected with the management and administration of the affairs of the Association and for furtherance of its objectives for conducting the business of the Executive Council and Committees to be appointed by it, for regulating the rights and privileges of Members, for delegation of its powers, for fixing the quorum and for co-option. (ix) To do all such other lawful things as are necessary for exercise of above powers and also for management of the Association or for attainment of the objectives of the Association. (x) To issue appeals and applications for money and funds in furtherance of the said objectives and to accept gifts, donations and subscriptions of cash and securities and any property, moveable or immoveable. (xi) To acquire, purchase or otherwise own or take on lease or hire temporarily or permanently, any moveable or immoveable property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the Association. (xii) To sell, mortgage, lease, exchange and otherwise transfer or dispose of all or any property, moveable of immoveable, of the Association for furtherance of its objectives. (xiii) To construct, maintain, alter, improve or developed any buildings or works necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Association.
25(a). The Executive Council may appoint such Committees as it deems desirable for disposal of such business of the Association or for advice on such matters as the Executive Council may assign and refer to such Committee/ Committees. 25(b). The composition of such Committee/ Committees, their duties and functions shall be such as the Executive Council may from time to time determine
26. Sources of income and utilization of fund : The income of the Association shall be from fee and subscriptions from members, grants and donations, gifts, earnings from the activities of the Association, sale, mortgage, exchange or transfer otherwise of all or any property of the Association and from such lawful sources as may be determined by the Executive Council and shall be utilised and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objectives.
27. Financial Year : The financial year of the Association shall be from first day of April to the thirty first day of March of next year.
28. Audit of Accounts : The accounts of the Association shall be audited by the auditors appointed for the purpose by the General Body.
29(a). Operation of Bank Account : The funds of the Association shall be kept in a bank approved by the Executive Council for the purpose. 29(b). The accounts at the Bank shall be operated by any one or more of such of the office bearers or by such employee as may from time to time be determined by the Executive Council.
30(1). The Rules and Regulations of the Association shall not be altered except by a resolution passed by a two thirds majority of the members present at a meeting of the General Body. (2) No proposal for alteration of the Rules of the Association shall be considered by the General Body, unless at least twenty- eight days notice thereof has been given to the President and unless at least fourteen days notice thereof has been given by the President to the members.
NEWLY CONSTITUTED STSTE COMMITEE OF WBUOA
First meeting of the newly constituted Stste Commitee of WBUOA was held on April 07,2012 at 1:00 pm at Jadavpur University
PROCEEDINGS OF THE 1ST MEETINGS OF THE WBUOA EXECUTIVE COMMITEE
Proceedings of the 1st meeting of WBUOA Executive Commitee held on April 07,2012 at 2:30pm at Jadavpur University,Salt Lake Campus
RESOLUTION OF THE GENERAL BODY MEETING OF AIFUOA Suspendisse nisi. Vestibulum vitae enim tincidunt. Suspendisse potenti